Nurturing creative minds and nourishing young souls.
Hi, I’m Sunny Sky and I love working with children. I have a wealth of experience working with youth, starting out as a children’s entertainer and kids TV presenter. This has evolved over the years as I’ve explored child psychology, trained as a Mindfulness PBS Coach (aligned with the Mental Health Foundation), Compassionate Communications Coach, Youth Counsellor, Creative Arts & Performance Teacher, Brain Gym Facilitator, Rainbow Yoga Teacher, and Creative Art Therapist (IAT).
Providing unique support for youth!
Offering emotional support for sensitive kids, children going through life changes, or struggling with anxiety or trauma, social or behavioural difficulties, and neurodiversity (awesomism).
My work ranges from private one-on-one wellness coaching, teaching Brain Gym with toddlers, facilitating wellbeing programmes in school, mindful movement for primary schools, creative art classes for group therapy, empowerment workshops for new entrants, confident workshops for tweens , tailor-made sensory creative classes for Neuro Diverse, team building for high schoolers, and mentoring teens.
Epic Kids Youth Mentoring
Helping kids thrive with EPIC KIDS 4 C’s
& Creative exploration
The key principals of my approach are based on a combination of holistic and science-based practices:
- Supporting emotional expression and release through compassionate conversational-style coaching and active listening.
- Researching findings from attachment science, neuro-linguistics (NLP) and child psychology.
- Providing a safe environment for children to feel and express emotions.
- Intuitively tuning in to your child’s world, understanding their non-verbal communication through their body language and energy field, to help resolve any out-of-balance behaviour.
- Removing limiting belief patterns through theta healing and kinesiology (muscle testing).
- Helping youth express deep feelings through Integrative Art Therapy (IAT) – an effective, non-invasive creative therapy utilising crafts and Colourful Mindful ArtPlay.
- Enhancing conscious awareness and self-empowerment, through vibrational healing, colour integration and relaxing sounds – including crystal bowls, Tao Toshi chimes and meditation music.
- Embodying conscious shifts through mindful movement, including yoga, dance flow and SSR (somatic stress release) techniques.
- Providing support, strategies and self-healing for parents – click here for more details
- Intergrating natural therapies – see Epic Health
Offering a safe, inspiring, nurturing space to feel more connected!
EPIC KIDS ART CLASSES
Creative Therapy / Interactive Art Therapy (IAT)
KIDS ARE SUCH CREATIVE BRIGHT SPARKS!
VisualArt is a form of communication, expression of inner voice. The more kids have the opportunity to gain self-awareness through creativity, the more empowered and heart-centred they feel. Offering FUNky and holistic sessions, giving youth the opportunity to feel explorative, expansive, and able to create with joy, ease, confidence and pride.
Individual and Group Workshops available.
Helping kids thrive!
Bringing neuroscience, mind-body awareness and social-emotional learning (SEL) together:
~ Learn effective ‘self help’ emotional and physical wellness tools
~ supportive holistic counselling & motivational mentoring
~ Creative therapy
~ Includes Personal Creative Journal
STUDIO: 2c Shotover Street, Central Queenstown
WHEN: Daytime or Afterschool Avail
Preschool – Teens
Sessions are up to 1.5 hrs
- RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS – Learn conflict resolution skills, learn to foster positive relationships, creating a better sense of unity.
- DEVELOP EMPATHY & COMPASSION – Connecting with others through compassionate (assertive) communication, emotional literacy, and self-control.
- CONFIDENCE & EMPOWERMENT – Building resilience and cultivating self-awareness with self-regulation techniques and journal reflection. Sunny’s Heart-to-Heart teaching approach helps to uplift spirits, helping boost self-esteem and confidence, improving relationships.
- EMBODYING A DEEPER EMOTIONAL & PHYSICAL CONNECTION – Learn mind-body connection, integrating breathing and body awareness practices with youth yoga and mindful movement.
- NURTURING & INSPIRING CREATIVITY – Cultivating motivation and inspiration by learning new skills and trying out a variety of artistic mediums.
- IMPROVE WELLBEING – Integrating wellbeing coaching tips through creative, fun, artful play. Children will feel valued, supported, and empowered.
- POSITIVE SHIFT IN THE ENVIRONMENT – Learning life skills in a fun, creative way, children feel more heart-centred, helping refresh their daily routine. This creates a lighter, more restorative feeling of positive impact in the school and home environments.
Helping kids thrive through learning, growth and change. Providing effective tools for mental and physical wellbeing through fun, mindful, creative play. (For individuals or as a group).
Supporting teachers in their wellbeing is paramount for effective childcare. With EPIC Coaching, I holistically support teachers both personally and professionally.
Providing professional development for TEACHERS, including therapeutic play and wellbeing in the classroom. Also facilitating tailor-made EPIC classes and day programmes for STUDENTS, integrating creative arts, drama, music, yoga, BrainGym and mindfulness.
Sunny is magical with kids, witnessing our girls growing in confidence. Thank you for your dedication, authenticity and infectious positive energy Sunny – your classes are truly “Epic”.
Sunnys IAT has helped our daughter who suffered from anxiety and low self-esteem. Every one on one session has been helpful psychologically and artistically. Sunny’s incredible coaching inspired our daughter to feel empowered, fuelling her curiosity and creativity too.
We are thrilled to see so much positive change. Sunny’s authenticity ‘ energy and colourful personality are unique and highly recommend her creative therapy approach.
The kids just love you Sunny, you’ve been a delight, a breath of fresh air. Your Creativity and mindful Yoga classes were magic.
The children loved your Epic programme, my son came back raving about his experiences and proud artwork, all of the kids in town are saying how brilliant you were, well done.